4 Leah

Just another Edublogs site

INTEGRATED STUDIES

TERM 3 – THE FIRST FLEET

In Term 3, we will be learning all about how and when Australia was first discovered, by a man called Captain James Cook. He came to Australia from England in the late 18th Century, on a very large ship called ‘The Endeavour’, and settled in Botany Bay, which is in New South Wales.ย 

We will be learning about who he was, the journey to get here, why the English decided to come to Australia, PLUS much more, including finding out about convicts and other people who were on the First Fleet. It’s going to be such a great learning experience……the Grade 4 teachers have enjoyed planning it, so we hope that you’ll enjoy it, too! ๐Ÿ˜‰ We’ve also organised an excursion to see Cook’s Cottage in Fitzroy Gardens, which will be a fabulous way to end the unit.

TERM 2 – HEALTHY CHOICES, HEALTHY BODIES

In Term 2, we will be learning about how important it is to make good choices in what we eat, and why exercise should be a part of everyone’s day. We will also be learning about the different body systems, such as the cardiovascular system (heart), the digestive system (stomach and intestines), the nervous system (brain), the musculoskeletal system (muscles and skeleton), the integumentary system (skin, nails and hair), plus many more systems. It’s going to be a wonderful learning experience for everyone! ๐Ÿ˜‰

This term, you’ll also have your first project for the year. This term, your project will be completed in a small group at school, based on one of the body systems. I’ll provide you with more details inย Week 4.

We’ll also be having an incursionย on the digestive system, where you’ll get to look at a real life oesophagus. This will be in either Week 3 or 4 (we’re still waiting on confirmation from Monash University). It’s going to be so much fun! ๐Ÿ˜‰

TERM 1 –ย THE APPS DISPOSITIONS

In Term 1, our Integrated Studies unit is looking at five character traitsย (dispositions) that we think should be a part of each APPS student. The dispositions that we have decided to focus on are:

• persistence
  • reflection
  • collaboration
  • creating
  • self-regulation

Over the first half of the term, we will be delving into each one of these traits to find out how we, as APPS learners, can show them in our everyday interactions with each other. I hope you’re looking forward to an exciting term of discovery and exploration! ๐Ÿ˜‰

16 Comments to

“INTEGRATED STUDIES”

1. April 10th, 2016 at 9:10 pm      Reply Mia Says:

Hi Leah
    My mum said that the Dutch were the first people to see the land and captain cook was the first person to settle on Australia

• April 12th, 2016 at 11:20 am      Reply 56leah Says:

You are spot on, Mia! Amazing work! ๐Ÿ˜‰ And I love that you’re getting mum involved, too! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow,

Leah ๐Ÿ™‚

• May 30th, 2016 at 4:59 am      Reply Chaza Says:

hi leah i am charlie blah blah blah blah!!!!!

• May 30th, 2016 at 2:25 pm      Reply 56leah Says:

Hi Charlie,

Another stimulating comment, I see. Good to see that you’re putting all of that amazing vocabulary that you’ve been learning in spelling to good use! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Leah ๐Ÿ™‚

2. May 30th, 2016 at 4:36 am      Reply Hugo and Nick Says:

Leah can we use the chromebooks for free time tomorrow during
    maths or reading or spelling

PLEASE LEAH

• May 30th, 2016 at 2:28 pm      Reply 56leah Says:

Free time, Hugo and Nick? I’m assuming that you’re referring to your Table Team points reward. See me tomorrow and we can discuss this further.

Leah ๐Ÿ˜‰

3. May 30th, 2016 at 4:43 am      Reply Hugo and Nick Says:

PLEASE

4. May 30th, 2016 at 4:49 am      Reply Nick Says:

hugo was here

5. May 30th, 2016 at 5:00 am      Reply Chaza Says:

hi leah blah blah blah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

6. May 31st, 2016 at 4:25 am      Reply hugo and nick Says:

why is your name is 56leah and can we use our free time from sids dream team ๐Ÿ˜‰

Please

• June 19th, 2016 at 10:08 am      Reply 56leah Says:

Hi Hugo and Nick,

My name is 56leah because when I first started my blogs, I was teaching a Grade 5 and 6 composite class, and didn’t realise that I wouldn’t be able to change my username later on. I have many different blogs attached to this one site, as I sometimes use things from my previous sites for my current blog, and it would be more of a hassle than anything to change my username to something else. You still know that it’s me; it’s just that I’ve got a ’56’ in front of my name.

I hope that’s cleared it up for you.

Leah ๐Ÿ˜‰

7. September 1st, 2016 at 9:28 pm      Reply Imogen Says:

Are we having our Human Body project next term instead of this term?

• September 4th, 2016 at 10:13 am      Reply 56leah Says:

Hi Imogen,

As there have been lots of unexpected interruptions this term, we have unfortunately had to alter the project for the ‘Healthy Choices, Healthy Bodies’ unit, so there won’t be an at-home project, but rather one over the next two weeks that is to be completed in small groups. I’ll give you more details at school tomorrow.

I hope you’ve had a wonderful weekend!

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow,

Leah ๐Ÿ˜‰

8. September 6th, 2016 at 9:23 pm      Reply Imogen Says:

Are there any projects in Term 4????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Recent Comments

Skip to toolbar